- One blue kids dress
- Light blue tulle (8 yards for 2 year old)
- Light blue felt
- White elastic headband
- Double sided fabric tape or safety pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Get ready to arrive in a world of comfort and quality beyond your wildest dreams with this Crazy Rich Asians DIY! Our Primary essentials, but your little one will feel anything but once you're finished with our easy DIY instructions. It's easy DIY meets glam for your little Rachel Chu!
For the flowers:
- Cut 4-5 inch tall strips the width of the blue tulle fabric for each flower. Bunch the length of fabric together and tie a knot in the center with string and leave extra string for wrapping.
- Fold the tulle in half at the string knot, and use the extra string to wrap around the base of the flower and make a tight knot.
- Trim off any extra tulle from the front of the flower and make 10 flowers in this manner.
For the flower bases:
- Cut two skinny strips of light blue felt and glue 3 flowers in a row on one, and 4 flowers in a row on another.
- Glue the sides of the flowers together as well as the bases for more stability.
- Cut a square of felt and glue 3 flowers in triangle formation on it. Trim off any excess felt on the bases.
For the dress:
- Drape the tulle over the child’s shoulder so that the fabric falls to the ankles from front to back and cut.
- Cut another matching length for the other shoulder.
- With string, tie a knot around the tulle where it hits the shoulders on each piece.
- Wrap the remaining tulle around the waist to get the right length, and cut the fabric with a few extra inches added on.
- Cut four matching rectangles of light blue felt.
- Bunch the end of the tulle together and sandwich it and hot glue together between two rectangles, and repeat for the other end.
For the assembly:
- Drape the long tulle over the shoulders and attach the tulle to the shoulders of our dress with double sided tape.
- Wrap the tulle belt around the waist and secure it in the back with double sided fabric tape on the felt.
- Attach the group of 3 flowers in triangle formation to the right side of the belt, and the flowers in a row to either side of the shoulders with double sided fabric tape or safety pins.