- One blue baby outfit
- Two 1"-1.5" foam balls
- Black Permanent Marker
- Blue or dark colored felt
- Toy cookie (one that attaches to clothing with a clip is easiest with small babies)
- Matching thread and needle or fabric tape and safety pins
- Hot glue gun
Everyone loves a cookie (whether its dairy-, nut-, or gluten-free) and you'll love the iconic cookie-crunching look of our Primary DIY Cookie Monster costume. Halloween is an infamously sugar-heavy season, so this cozy costume, made with our Primary essentials, is wonderfully appropriate. Indulge in some Muppets-style carbo-loading this season, and get bonus points for including actual cookies – Happy Hall-om-nom-nom!
For the eyes:
- Cut two small 3/4" circles from the felt.
- Figure out how you want to position your eyeballs on the hood of the baby top.
- Whip stitch the felt with matching thread and needle to the top of the hood close together, about an inch or so apart based on where you want the eyeballs to sit. The foam balls will sit here. For a no-sew version, use strong fabric tape or safety pins.
- Heat up your hot glue gun. Once the glue is hot, use a small squirt of hot glue on top of each felt piece on the hood. Quickly place a foam ball on top of each spot of glue.
- Use your black marker (permanent, Sharpie is best) to draw a small black dot on each foam ball. The dots should be about 1/4" or so wide. These are the pupils for the eyeballs. (Remember, Cookie Monster has crossed googly eyes that don't sit straight!). Think about how you'd like to place the pupils before you draw them.
For the final touches
- Put your child in the baby top and footie and put the hood over their head.
- Hand them a toy cookie, and you've got an instant baby Cookie Monster!