- One red kids outfit
- 4 sheets red felt
- Black ribbon or felt
- Thin wire
- Small piece of velcro
- Hot glue/gun
- Safety pins
- Pen or sharpie
Who is big, red, furry, and has an energy bar brand (probably) named after him? Clifford, of course! Bring your little dog-lover's favorite giant pup to life this Halloween with the Primary DIY Clifford The Big Red Dog costume. Your kiddo might not be QUITE as large as Clifford, but we're all about quality over quantity. This classic costume comes together using Primary essentials which they'll love to wear year-round. Unleash your furry canine candy-cruncher this Halloween, using our easy DIY instructions!
For the ears:
- Use 1 piece of felt per ear. Fold felt in half and draw an ear shape. Cut out the shape to make 2 identical ear shapes. Repeat with the other piece of felt. You will have 4 total ear shapes.
- Hot glue thin wire around the perimeter of one shape. Place another ear shape on top of the first shape to make an ear sandwich. Repeat with the other 2 ear shapes. Allow the ears to dry and cool.
For the tail:
- Use the 3rd sheet of felt for the tail. Use the same directions as above, except making a tail shape.
For the assembly:
- Use safety pins to attach the ears to the hood of the hoodie, and the tail to the bottoms.
- Use the inner wires to shape the ears and tail.
For the collar:
- Hot glue black ribbon or black felt to the ends of itself around the neck of the hoodie. Leave an additional 2 inches of black ribbon at the neck if you want to create a name tag.
For the collar:
- Measure and cut a length of black ribbon that fits comfortably around your child's neck. Attach velcro to each end.
- Cut out a bone shape from cardboard and cover it in foil. Write CLIFFORD on it with a black pen. Hot glue the bone shape to one end of the black ribbon. Leave the velcro open until the hoodie is on your child and zipped up. Then close the velcro name tag.
For the feet:
- Use red felt to cover your child's shoes if desired.