- One green baby outfit
- Styrofoam ball
- Green felt (½ yard)
- Green pom poms
- Stuffing (polyfil, newspapers, felt scraps, etc.)
- Black marker
- Double sided fabric tape
- Safety pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Afraid of snakes or alligators? Fair enough, but don't write off every scaly green creature just yet. We know one reptile that is sure to make you smile, with our Primary DIY Chameleon costume this Halloween! The chameleon's natural camouflage is impenetrable– it's even more effective than the disguise of two kids on piggyback trying to get into an R-rated movie. Chameleons are cold-blooded, but your little crawler will be warm and cozy in our Primary essentials on Halloween night.
For the eyes:
- Cut a styrofoam ball in half and use a black marker to draw a small circle in the center for the eyes.
- Cut and glue green felt to the base of each eye and glue green pom poms to the top of each eye to make the eyelids. Safety pin the eyes to the hood.
For the head:
- Cut a strip of green felt and glue green pom poms along it.
- Attach to the center line of the hood with fabric tape.
For the tail:
- Cut two long strips of green felt. Stuff with newspapers, felt scraps, or polyfil and glue together as you stuff.
- Attach to the back of the baby top or hoodie with a safety pin.