Dress up your little fearless explorer as their favorite Toy Story character this Halloween with our Primary DIY Buzz Lightyear costume! Our soft Primary essentials will have them feeling so cozy, they'll be ready to rocket around the neighborhood collecting candy. You won't need an overpriced and scratchy store bought costume when you've got our easy DIY instructions– your craft skills will be out of this world!
For the outfit:
- Create Buzz's control panel on the top with the lime foam and sticky felt. Follow the design on the photo. Use the glittery paper or foam to make the "belt". All of this should be glued or fabric taped onto the white top.
- Layer the purple top, over the white top and bottoms.
For the boots:
- Cut 2 strips of white foam just long enough to wrap around the child's calf.
- Glue strips of lime green felt on the bottom of the white pieces of foam.
- Using a small piece of sticky velcro, stick it to the top of the end of the foam strip you when you wrap them around the child's calf you can now "open and close" the boot.
For the wings:
- Cut out 2 rectangle pieces of cardboard.
- Cut out a piece of white foam the same size and glue it to the cardboard.
- Use the various colors of sticky felt and foam to follow the pattern in the picture.
- Attach the wings to the back of the white top using long strips of sticky velcro. Then you can easily take the wings on and off.
- Use velcro strips in at least 2 spots along the wings to they don't fall off. Now, prepare for take off!