- One yellow kids top
- One yellow kids bottom
- Red beanie
- White poster board
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Green felt
- Yellow felt
- Optional: Tulle in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple & an elastic band
A flying stick of butter doesn't sound pretty, but this whimsical butterfly costume certainly is! Release your little one to flutter away this Halloween to collect some tricks and treats, in our Primary DIY Butterfly costume. Our soft Primary essentials will keep your kiddo cozy all night in a cocoon of comfort, and this easy DIY magic will put butterflies in anyone's stomach!
For the wings:
- Use a large sheet of white poster board, draw two large pointed wings for the top wings, and two smaller rounded wings for the bottom. Cut it out as one whole piece.
- Add decorative designs using markers, paint, tissue paper, and glitter on the cardboard wings as you like.
- Glue two elastic straps on the back to wear over the shoulders.
For the hat:
- Cut out 2 ovals each of green and yellow felt. Hot glue the slightly smaller green oval to the yellow oval and use fabric tape to secure to the beanie.
For the skirt:
- Create your own rainbow tutu skirt by tying an elastic band together to fit snugly on your child's waist. Take tulle pieces in all different colors and tie each piece to the elastic band. After tying all of your tulle pieces to the elastic band, cut the tulle pieces to the length of the desired shortness of the skirt.
- For a DIY baby Butterfly, use our baby romper in rainbow!
- Is your little DIY Butterfly going to be a brand new big sibling this Halloween? DIY the ultimate transformation by turning your littlest one into an adorable DIY Caterpillar!
- Have other kids that want in on the bug lovin' fun? Check out our DIY Ladybug, DIY baby Bumble Bee, DIY kids Bumble Bee, DIY Beetle, DIY Love Bug, DIY Praying Mantis, DIY Rainbow Snail, DIY Slug, DIY Spider, DIY Tarantula, DIY Goliath Tarantula, and DIY Fly.