Halloween is coming. Hop to it.
- One gray kids outfit
- Light gray felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- White felt (1/2 yard)
- Light pink felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Red felt (1 sheet 12 x 12 inches)
- White ribbon
- White yarn (1 ball)
- Red yarn (24 inches)
- Gingham scarf (optional)
- Printed clock from internet
- Cardboard or cardstock (1 sheet 8 ½ x 11 inches)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Double sided fabric tape
You won't be late for Halloween this year, because our easy Primary DIY Bunny Rabbit costume will take you no time at all! With our soft Primary essentials, your kiddo will be ready to venture down any rabbit hole that comes their way. The best part is that after the night is over they're already dressed for bed! This costume is worth its weight in ten-carrot gold.
For the mask:
- Cut a gray oval with longer ears sticking up from felt.
- Cut the cheeks & eyelids from white felt and measure where the eyes should go by placing this piece over the child's face and marking the eye openings.
- Fabric tape the cheek piece to the oval grey base and cut out the eye holes. Hot glue ribbon to the sides of the mask to tie to the head.
For the bib:
- Cut a large rectangle from white felt and cut a hole for the head in the center. Cut a red heart from felt and glue to the front of the bib.
- Optional: Accessorize with a gingham scarf.
For the tail:
- Make large pom pom from white yarn by wrapping a lot of yarn around a piece of cardboard half the size of the pom pom you want.
- Once wrapped loop a piece of yarn around the bunch and tie tightly together.
- Flip the cardboard over and cut the loop in the center, opposite the knot you just made.
- Hot glue one side of the pom pom to a circle of white felt for a base, and use fabric tape to attach the tail to the back of our bottoms.
For the clock:
- Draw or print from the internet, a clock.
- Attach to card stock or cardboard and glue red yarn to the top to carry.
- For a whole DIY Alice in Wonderland crew, check out our DIY Alice in Wonderland & Flower, DIY kids Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and DIY baby Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum costumes!
- Bunnies and carrots go together like candy and costumes. Check out our DIY baby Carrot and DIY kid Carrot costumes!