For the non-spooky version:
- Black felt
- Pipe cleaners
- Safety pins
For the spooky version:
- Black felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Yellow felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- White felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Pipe cleaners (2-3)
- Styrofoam ball (2-3 inches diameter depending on your preference)
- Kitchen knife for cutting the styrofoam ball
- Safety pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Double sided fabric tape
With this simple and classic Primary DIY Black Cat costume, there's no reason to be a scaredy-cat this Halloween! With a dash of DIY magic, you'll be feeling like the cat's pajamas once your little one is all dressed up in our soft Primary essentials. It's always a treat when this black cat crosses your path!
For the ears:
- Cut two triangles from black felt for the ears. Attach to the hood of the hoodie with safety pins.
For the tail:
- Cut a long skinny rectangle for the tail. Twist 2-3 pipe cleaners together and fold and glue the felt tail over the pipe cleaners to make a bendable tail. Attach to the back of the hoodie with a safety pin.
For a spooky twist:
- Create two eyes by cutting a styrofoam ball in half. With hot glue cover them with yellow felt and create scary cat eye pupils from black felt and glue on top. Glue these to a rectangle piece of black felt and glue a small triangle for a in between the eyes for a nose. Use double sided fabric tape to secure the rectangle with the eyes and nose to the hood.
- Create pointy teeth from white felt and fabric tape all around the opening of the hood of the hoodie.
- Have a little kitten that wants to be a cat? Check out our DIY baby Cat!
- Black cats and witches go together like costumes and candy. Check out our DIY baby Witch and DIY kid Witch!
- Have other little ones that want to be cats too? Check out our DIY Fancy Cat, DIY Simple Kitty Cat, DIY Garfield, DIY baby Pete the Cat, DIY kid Pete the Cat, and DIY Aristocats costumes!
- DIY the original odd couple this Halloween by adding a DIY Dog to the mix! Check out our DIY baby Puppy Dog, DIY kid Puppy Dog, and DIY baby Basset Hound Dog.
- Make a whole barnyard scene with our DIY Basset Hound Dog, DIY Horse, DIY Cow, DIY Lamb, DIY Chicken, DIY baby Rooster, DIY kid Rooster, DIY baby Pig, and DIY kid Pig costumes. (Bonus: Dress yourself up as a farmer for some extra fun)!