If there's anything we love, it's empowering little boys and girls to be anything they want to be. Whether they're feeling more like a Batgirl or a Batman, we've got them covered with our soft Primary essentials, and we've got you covered with our easy DIY instructions. There's nothing cooler than rolling up to trick-or-treating in the Batmobile!
For the mask and ears:
- Cut a strip of black felt that fits around the wearer's head. Place felt over the eyes and mark where the eye openings should be with a marker. Cut out the eye openings and cut small a semi-circle along the bottom middle edge to reveal the nose. Secure around head with fabric tape. Use purple felt instead of black felt for Batgirl.
- Cut two pointy ears from black felt and glue to a headband for the ears. Use purple felt instead of black felt for Batgirl.
- For an alternate way, use face paint.
For the emblem:
- Cut a large oval from yellow felt and cut the Batman and Batgirl symbols from black and purple felt. You can find the image on the internet to print and trace. Stick together with hot glue and attach with fabric tape to the top.
For the belt:
- Use yellow electrical tape to stick around the waist for their belts.
For the cape:
- Cut a large rectangle of black and purple fabric and attach to the back collar of the top with fabric tape, or alternately use a safety pin or hot glue to attach the cape ends around your child's neck.