- One black kids top
- One black kids bottom
- Cardboard (2 sheets 1 ½ x 3 feet each)
- Black felt (2 yards)
- Dark brown felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Tan felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- White felt ( 1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Black elastic
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Bring your favorite classic spoOoOky Halloween figure to life with this simple DIY Bat costume! Your kid will love flapping their homemade wings and running around in our soft reusable Primary essentials. Just make sure they don't try to sleep upside down when the night is over!
For the wings:
- Cut two matching wings from cardboard to create a stiff base for the wings.
- Lay the wings on top of black felt and trace around it, leaving about 1/2 inch extra around the edges so you have extra fabric to glue together around the cardboard cutouts. Repeat 3 more times so that you have 2 pieces of wing felt for each wing.
- Hot glue the felt edges together, sandwiching the cardboard in between.
- Cut 3 lengths of black elastic for each wing - one for the shoulder, one just above the elbow, and one closer to the hands and wrist area.
- Hot glue elastic to the inside of the wings.
For the mask:
- Cut out a semi circle from black felt that is the size of the child's face.
- Place felt over the face and mark where the eye holes should be. Cut out the eye holes.
- Cut two ears from black felt and hot glue to the top sides of the mask.
- Cut a smaller circle for the nose and glue on. And cut two small white triangle fangs and glue to the bottom left and right edges of the mask. Use black elastic and attach to the sides of the mask to wear around the head.