A DIY costume with lots of a-peel.
- One yellow kids outfit
- Yellow felt (4 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Brown felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- White poster board or white paper to cover a large party hat
Don’t let this Halloween slip through your fingers! Peel back your sleeves and get ready for some easy DIY costuming! Our Primary essentials are so soft and comfortable, your little one can go bananas trick or treating!
- Create the cone shape for the hat: Cut and roll white poster board into a cone shape and cut the tip off so it's flat at the top.
- Create the "peeling" effect: Make the white part under the banana peels with white poster board. Glue the yellow felt banana peels to the hat, leaving one "peeling" at the top.
- Add the banana tip: Glue a small cylinder of brown felt at the top of the banana hat.
- Tip: You can also use a giant party hat like in our DIY Pencil costume, but cover it with white paper for a base.
- Have a baby that wants to be a banana? Create your own with a yellow baby outfit!
- Make a whole fruit salad this Halloween with our DIY Clementine Costume, DIY Fruit Salad Costume, DIY Grape Costume, DIY baby Pumpkin Halloween Costume, DIY baby Strawberry Costume, and DIY kid Strawberry costumes! Check out all our food DIY costumes for kids and baby.
- Get two costumes for the price of one (plus three reusable sunshine yellow Primary basics)! Our DIY kid Baby Shark costume is made with the same exact Primary clothing as our DIY Banana, and both costumes are created so that the clothes are fully re-wearable for Halloween and beyond!