Freshly picked and ridiculously sweet.
- One red babysuit
- Green felt (3 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Pink felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- White baby beanie
- Safety pins
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
The Primary DIY Baby Strawberry costume is anything but low hanging fruit! Pick your favorite Primary essentials and follow our easy DIY steps, and you've got yourself the sweetest strawberry in the patch.
For the headpiece
- Roll a square of green felt and glue in place to create the stem. Next, cut four large tear-drop shapes from the green felt, then use a drop of hot glue and pinch the bottoms together creating a leaf shape. Glue the leaves to the stem and then sew, glue or safety pin to the top of the baby hat.
For the leaf bib
- Cut a bib shape from green felt then trim along the edge to create a series of leafy shapes. Create a series of gathers at the neck by using a drop of hot glue and pinching edges together.
For the seeds
- Cut small tear-drop shapes from pink felt and attach to the babysuit with double-sided fabric tape.
- Have a kid that wants to be a strawberry? Check out our DIY kid Strawberry costume!
- Create a kid fruit salad with our DIY Banana, DIY Kiwi, DIY Grape, DIY Pineapple, and DIY Watermelon!
- Have another baby that wants to be a fruit too? Check out our DIY baby Pineapple, and DIY baby Pina Colada Coconut!