- One purple baby outfit
- Purple felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Cream colored yarn (1 ball)
- Styrofoam balls (2, 5 inches in diameter each)
- Black felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- White felt (5 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Black pipe cleaners (2 extra large)
- Purple beanie
- Hot glue gun and sticks
No need to get spooked– our Primary DIY Boo costume is anything but scary! Bring this adventurous youngster to life this Halloween. Definitely cuter than Mike and possibly cuter than Sully, your brave little one will be unfazed by the Jack-o-Lanterns this year in our soft reusable zip footie. This super simple DIY will save you from all the costume nightmares.
For the hair and eyes:
- Cut a lot of the same length yarn for the hair and hot glue it to a rectangle of purple felt.
- Cut two black circles and two smaller white circles from felt for the eyes and glue them onto the styrofoam balls.
- Bend each pipe cleaner in half and twist together for more support. Hot glue one end to the styrofoam ball, and the other end to the purple felt base of the hair.
- Use safety pins to attach to the top of the beanie.
For the teeth:
- Cut small triangles from white felt and use double sided fabric tape to attach around the inside of the beanie.
For the hands:
- Use 2 sheets of white felt and cut matching monster hand mittens. Hot glue together, leaving and opening for the hands to fit inside.
- Repeat for the other monster hand.