“What do I use if I want to put together a baby lobster?”
- One red baby outfit
- Red felt
- Poly fill or newspaper (or any material to use as stuffing/filler!)
- Two red pipe cleaners
- Red pom poms
- Safety pins or fabric tape
- Hot glue and glue gun
Lobsters are a beachy summer fave – why not enjoy them on Halloween too? Our Primary DIY Lobster costume is perfect for any shellfish fan. Your little crustacean will be cute and cozy in our reusable Primary essentials. Butter and lemon not included!
For the claws:
- Use red felt and cut out two pieces in the shape of a claw.
- Hot glue the edges of the felt pieces together, but leave one end open so you can stuff the claw with poly fill, newspaper, or whatever you have lying around. Once it's filled, glue the open edge shut.
- Attach the claws to the sleeves of the footie with some safety pins or fabric tape (that way when Halloween is over, you can just take off the claws and get more use out of your footie!).
For the antennae:
- Bend two red pipe cleaners around a headband and then glue red pom poms to the end of the pipe cleaners.
- If you'd like the headband itself to be red, you can glue red felt onto the top of it.
For the legs:
- Use the same method you used for the claws and cut out pieces of red felt in your desired length and shape, three for each side.
- Stuff the legs, then attach them to the sides of the footie using safety pins.
For the tail:
- Use the same cut and stuff method with more red felt.
- You can attach it to the back of the footie using safety pins, or you can attach an elastic loop at the top to go around your baby's waist.