Just lion around, being adorable for Halloween.
- One yellow baby outfit
- Mustard yellow felt (10 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Stuffing (polyfil, felt scraps, tissue, or newspaper)
- Black makeup pencil
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Safety pins
We aren't Lion, this DIY has it all! With our Primary essentials and your crafting magic, your little one will be the cutest beast on the block. Just make sure they don't scare the neighbors with their ferocious "rooaaar"-ing when you try to take them out of our comfy yellow basics at the end of the night!
For the mane:
- Cut a strip of felt about 2 inches wide and the length of the headband. This will the the base for the lion mane that you will later hot glue to the headband.
- Cut strips of tan, orange, and brown felt about 2 inches wide and 8 inches long. Fold each strip in half and hot glue the cut ends to the strip of felt for the headband base.
- Make the mane as full as you like.
- (If your baby doesn't like headbands, you can skip the headband and just use the strip of felt base and make it longer to attach over the head and under the chin. Secure with fabric tape.)
For the wrist and feet fur:
- Measure and cut felt loops similar to the ones you created for the mane.
- Attach loops to the sleeve and feet openings with fabric tape.
For the tail:
- Cut two matching strips of tan felt about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Hot glue the top, bottom, and one of the long edges of the tail together.
- Stuff with any kind of stuffing you have on hand - tissue, paper towel, or even newspaper. Then hot glue the remaining long edge closed.
- Cut similar strips of felt as you did for the mane, and hot glue to the end of the tail. Safety pin the tail to the back of the costume.
- Have a kid that wants to be a Lion too? Find our DIY kid Lion costume here.
- DIY Lions, DIY Tigers, DIY Bears, oh my!