- One yellow baby top
- One red babysuit
- One green baby bottom
- Black felt (3 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Brown felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- White felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Red felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Yellow felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Marker (another shade of gold or black)
- Gold paint
- Paintbrush and paint tray
- Hot glue gun & sticks
- Double sided fabric tape
Here's a crime-fighting costume that will fight back against big-box Halloween! Our Primary DIY Hawkgirl (Baby) costume has got some special powers... because it's made using our comfy reusable classics! Help your kiddo super-suit up in our Primary essentials for a very fly look. Our easy instructions will save the day.
For the mask:
- Cut two sheets of black felt and one sheet of brown felt into large squares.
- Cut a hole for the eye opening near one corner on each of the black squares.
- Fold each square in half on the diagonal so that you have triangle shapes.
- Hot glue the brown felt edges to two of each of the black felt squares with the eye openings together in the front.
For the wings:
- Cut the cardboard into curved wing shapes.
- Paint it gold and use a marker to draw on the feather lines.
- Attach to the back with double sided fabric tape or by adding two black elastic straps with hot glue.
For the belt:
- Cut a belt from black felt and glue a white felt circle in the middle of it.
- Attach around the waist with double sided fabric tape.
For the boots:
- Cut and glue a skinny yellow felt strip to the center or red felt rectangles and wrap the red felt around the legs.
- Attach around the legs with double sided fabric tape.
- For a DIY kid Hawkgirl, use our kids top in yellow and our kids short in red layered over our kids bottom in green!