- One white baby top
- One yellow baby bottom
- White felt (½ yard)
- Red felt ( 2 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- White feathers
- White baby pilot cap
- Stuffing (polyfil, felt scraps, tissue, or newspaper)
- Safety pins or fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Don't get your feathers ruffled, this DIY Chicken is too cute to stress over! Plus, our reusable Primary essentials will keep your little chick happy and cozier than a roosting nest all night long.
For the feather body:
- Cut a large rectangle from white felt to fit over the front and back of the body.
- Cut out a circle in the center for the head, and glue the sides together.
- Glue white feathers all over the front and back of the bib.
For the hat:
- Use a white baby pilot cap for the base.
- Cut two pieces of wavy red head combs from felt. Glue and stuff together.
- Safety pin, glue, or use fabric tape to attach to the top of the hat.
- Cut red felt wattles and stuff and glue to the straps of the hat.
- For a DIY kid Chicken, use our kids top in white and kids bottom in yellow!
- Have another kid that wants to join in on the fun? Check out our DIY Deviled Egg costume.
- Make a whole barnyard scene with our DIY Black Cat, DIY Horse, DIY baby Rooster, and DIY kid Rooster costumes. (Bonus: Dress yourself up as a farmer for some extra fun!)
- Want to make a whole DIY Bird crew? Check out our DIY Bird, DIY Bluebird, DIY Flamingoes, DIY Phoenix, DIY Peregrine Falcon, DIY Hedwig the Snowy Owl, DIY Iago the Parrot, DIY Parrot, DIY Peacock, and DIY Rubber Duckey costumes!