- One yellow baby top
- One black baby bottom
- Black felt (2 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- 3 giant pipe cleaners (24 inches each)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Double sided fabric tape
Your little one will look sweet as honey in this easy DIY Bumble Bee costume made with our soft Primary essentials. You won't be "bzzzy" for long making this, but get ready for a swarm of accolades! (Up to you if you tell them it was easy!)
For the stripes:
- Cut thin, long strips of black felt for the stripes and attach around the belly horizontally with double sided fabric tape.
For the wings:
- Use giant pipe cleaners, and twist a few together to create two long pieces.
- Bend into ovals and attach to the center back of the babysuit with double sided fabric tape.
For the antennae:
- Cut a wide band of black felt to fit around the head.
- Use two giant pipe cleaners and curl one edge of each pipe cleaner in. Glue to the front sides of the felt head band and secure around the head with double sided fabric tape.
- Have a kid that wants to "Bee" too? Check out our DIY kids Bumble Bee.
- Have another kid that wants to skip to springtime, too? Turn them into a DIY Flower or DIY Violet for your little Bee to pollinate! Or for a DIY baby Flower, check out the tutorial for The Flower in our DIY Alice in Wonderland costume!
- If you're trick or treating in a warmer climate, substitute with our Baby Tights in black!
- If you're trick or treating in a colder climate, substitute with our Baby Coziest Fleece Legging in black!