- One green baby outfit
- Three small styrofoam balls
- Felt in dark green, light green, white, and black
- Green headband
- 1 piece of green felt
- 2 green pipe cleaners
- 2 green pom poms
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Boys go to Jupiter to get more... stylish? Help your little one to shed their earthling disguise this Halloween with our Primary DIY Alien costume. This Unusually Fun Outfit (UFO) has landed, using easy step-by-step instructions along with our Primary essentials. This extra-special extra-terrestrial costume is otherworldly. They come in peace, as long as you give them plenty of candy!
For the eyes:
- Cut circles of felt in dark green, light green, and black in descending order.
- Cut a small circle of white felt. Hot glue on top of one another as seen in the picture. Attach to styrofoam balls with low-heat hot glue.
For the headband:
- Using a low-heat hot glue gun, glue three eyeballs on the center of headband.
- Cut two ears out of green felt. Glue ears next to each outer eyeball. Fold felt inward (so the ends meet) at the bottom of each ear when gluing on headband (this gives more dimension to ears).
- Hot glue pom poms to the pipe cleaner. Any size or color will work!
- Hot glue pipe cleaners to headband in between ears and eyeballs.
- If you don't have a green headband on hand, simply paint one of your regular headbands green!
- For a DIY kid Alien, use one green kids outfit. Or for an alternate kid interpretation, check out our DIY Martian costumes!
- Want to make a whole space squad? Check out our DIY kid Astronaut, DIY NASA Rocket, DIY Sun & Moon, DIY baby Sunshine, and DIY Galaxy costumes!