- One yellow kids outfit
- Orange felt (1 yd)
- Light brown felts
- Long dowel or stick
- Blue face paint
- Safety pins
- Double sided fabric tape
Turn your little one into the master of water, earth, fire, and air with the Primary DIY Avatar costume! Our comfy pajama set will keep them cozy and ready for elemental adventures. Airbending is the coolest trick of all time, and this legendary costume is quite a treat!
For the cape:
- With about a yard or less of orange felt, cut a large circle. Draw a smaller circle in the center of the large circle big enough for the neck opening. Use a round bowl or plate to trace if needed.
- Cut a straight line from the outside edge of the circle to the center circle and cut out the small circle. Attach the cape around the collar of your top with a safety pin or double sided fabric tape.
For the belt:
- Cut a wide belt from orange felt.
- Attach around the waist with a safety pin or double sided fabric tape.
For the wrist/arm bands and bottoms:
- Cut thin strips of orange felt that fit around the arms and wrists.
- Attach with double sided fabric tape.
- Wrap and tape light brown felt around the bottom half of the legs of your bottoms.
For the final touches:
- Accessorize with a long dowel or stick.
- Paint a blue arrow on the forehead.