Because you're over the moon for an easy DIY idea.
- One orange kids top or hoodie
- One orange kids bottom
- Pre-made embroidered NASA patches or NASA and American flag stickers or blue, red, white, black felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Yellow felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Kids astronaut helmet
- Double sided fabric tape
Once in a blue moon, a costume idea comes along that sounds better to your kid than everything else under the sun. Kid, meet our DIY Astronaut costume. Our Primary essentials are so soft and cozy that they may as well be floating in zero gravity!
For the patches:
- Cut NASA patches from felt and attach to the top or hoodie with double sided fabric tape. Alternatively, you can buy a pack of pre-made embroidered NASA patches, or even just a NASA and an American flag sticker to stick on.
For the helmet:
- The one shown here is an Aeromax Youth Astronaut Helmet that can be found online.
- Have a baby that wants to be an astronaut? Check out our DIY baby Astronaut!
- Want to make a whole space squad? Check out our DIY NASA Rocket, DIY baby Alien, DIY Martian, DIY UFO, DIY Sun Moon, DIY baby Sunshine, and DIY Galaxy costumes!