Become part of the Primary DIY world with our easy DIY Ariel costume! No matter what evil Ursula says, this rebellious red-haired princess won't be stopped. Dressed in our soft reuseable Primary essentials, your little mermaid will be ready to have an adventure on land all Halloween long.
For the top:
- Cut a length of purple tulle that fits around the child’s chest with extra length to tie it together.
- Wrap around the chest over the top and make a knot at the front center of the top. Tuck the ends behind the rest of the the tulle.
- If needed to hold it up, use fabric tape or safety pins to attach the tulle to the top.
For the fins:
- Cut two leaf shaped fins from green craft foam - 1 fin per sheet.
- Use green glitter glue to make fin lines on the foam.
- Once dry, safety pin one fin to the bottom edge of each legging so that the fins sit on top of the feet. Safety pin the fins a little higher up on the bottoms if needed so they aren’t dragging on the ground.