Image: Scary Mommy
- One blue kids dress
- Light blue feather boa
- Silver sparkle tape
- Double sided fabric tape
With our DIY Aretha Franklin costume, you'll be sure to get all the crafting R-E-S-P-E-C-T you deserve! With our soft Primary essentials you'll make them feel like the natural little Queen of Soul they are. Turn on the spotlight– there's a star in town!
For the stripes:
- Use silver sparkle tape to make stripes around the sleeves, body, and skirt of the dress.
For the collar:
- Wrap the boa around the collar twice and attach with double sided fabric tape.
For the final touches:
- Accessorize with a microphone, and you’re ready to belt out some songs!
- The tape can make the dress less stretchy, so adding tape in places that need to stretch the most, such as the torso and upper arms, after the dress is on, is recommended.
- For a DIY baby Aretha Franklin, use our baby dress in blue!
- Have other little ones that want to be female icons? Check out our DIY Frida Kahlo, DIY Queen of England, DIY Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and DIY US Women's Soccer Team costumes!
- Have other kids that want to be music legends? Check out our DIY Prince, DIY Elton John, DIY Beatles, DIY Janet Jackson, and DIY baby Elvis costumes!