- One white kids top
- One white kids bottom
- Costume wings (from the dollar store)
- White felt (2.5 yards)
- White headband
- White wiring or wire hanger
- One thin white feather boa
- Hot glue gun
A costume DIY straight from heaven!
For the wings:
- Free-hand a larger, angle wing pattern on felt using costume wings as a guide.
- Cut 2 pieces from the felt and hot glue gun together, encasing costume wings.
- Cut 2 holes on the felt for the elastic shoulder straps from original costume wings.
- Cut strips of felt to create 3 different sized feathers (large, medium and small).
- Cut each feather in a leaf pattern with a flat edge on one end and pointed tip on the other end.
- Hot glue gun a small 1” line of glue to the center of the flat edge for each feather and pinch together to create a raised center.
- Repeat for all feather sizes.
- Cut enough of each feather size to cover the entire front and back of the wings.
- Hot glue gun feathers to wings so that large feathers will cover the bottom 1/3, medium the middle and small the top 1/3.
- Hot glue gun part of the feather boa to the top edge of the wings.
For the halo headband:
- Shape wire into circle and hot glue gun a part of the white feather boa to cover it.
- Attach a V-shaped wire to the headband at the base and attach the top to the halo.