Owl always love a homemade costume.
- One blue kids outfit
- Dark blue felt (2 yards)
- Light blue felt (1 yard)
- White felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Black felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Yellow felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Blue baby bib
- Safety pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
For the hat:
- Cut two rectangles of blue felt and cut an upside down triangle from the top center for the pointy owl ears. Cut an upside down U shape on the bottom half of one of the pieces of felt for the face opening.
- Hot glue the side and top edges of both pieces together, leaving the bottom and face edges open. Cut two white felt circles, two smaller blue circles, and two smaller black circles for the eyes and glue all together.
- Cut a yellow triangle for the beak and glue eyes and beak to the front of the hat.
For the bib feathers:
- For the bib feathers, you can either use a blue baby bib, or cut one from blue felt.
- Cut strips of blue felt and cut triangles out along the bottom edge along the whole strip. Trim to the width of the bib, and glue them on in rows.
For the wings:
- Cut two large half circles the length of the wearer's arms, from blue felt. Use two shades of blue felt to cut the feathers like you did for the bib feathers, except larger.
- Glue onto the wings in rows and trim to fit the wings. Make a loop for the wrists from felt and glue on the inside of a left and right side of each wing.
- Safety pin the remaining left and right edge of the wings to the center back of the pj top, and you're set!