Kermit the Frog
- One green baby outfit
- Styrofoam ball (3 inches diameter)
- Black felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Green felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Green elastic headband
- Lime green craft foam (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
It's not easy being green... but it IS easy to make this Primary DIY Kermit the Frog costume when you follow our simple instructions! Bring this beloved Muppet to life with our fan-favorite Primary essentials. Everyone else will be green with jealousy when your kiddo has the coziest costume on the block.
For the eyes:
- Cut a styrofoam ball in half. Cut out Kermit's black eyes from black felt and hot glue to the center of each styrofoam half.
- Lay the styrofoam halves on a sheet of felt about a two inches apart. Trace about half an inch extra around the edges of the eyes with a center connecting bar in the middle and cut out.
- Hot glue the styrofoam eyes onto the felt and glue onto an elastic green headband.
For the collar:
- Cut a large circle from a sheet of lime green craft foam and cut a smaller circle in the center for the neck opening.
- Cut a slit from the outside of the circle to the inside circle opening, and cut out long narrow triangles all around the outside edge of the circle.
- Attach the collar around the neck with double sided fabric tape.