For the Flower:
- One green footie (or a green baby top and bottom)
- Red felt (5 sheets 9”x12”)
- Green felt (7 sheets 9”x12”)
- Elastic sewing band
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Have no fear of tumbling down the costume rabbit hole– the Primary DIY Alice in Wonderland is so easy there's no way you'll be late to the party this year! Once your little ones are all dressed up, they'll be going mad for the comfort of our Primary essentials, and you'll be going mad for the cuteness of these soft Primary basics! (Don't worry, we're all mad here).
For the apron:
- Cut an apron from felt and glue white ribbon straps to the top to tie around the collar. Then, use another piece of white ribbon to tie around the waist.
For the final touches:
- Add tights, black Mary Jane shoes, and a black headband, and you're set!
For the flower headpiece:
- Cut and glue an elastic band loop that fits comfortably around the child’s head.
- Cut five petals from red felt, 1 sheet per petal, and hot glue the petals around the elastic band. Add dots of glue about 1-2 inches apart around the band when glueing the petals to keep some elasticity in the band to stretch.
- Cut large leaves from green felt and glue to the bottom of the red flower piece.
For the wrist and waist leaves:
- Cut and glue elastic band loops for the wrists and waist.
- Hot glue large green felt leaves around the waist band, and smaller green felt leaves around the wrist bands. Again, glue the leaves with some distance between each leaf to allow some elasticity in the bands.