Looking for easy holiday crafts your kids can make themselves? From gift ideas to DIY decor, follow our Holiday Art How-To series for weekly tutorials of easy art projects for kids, inspired by the prints of our holiday family PJs! Inspired by our limited edition snowy stars print, this week’s activity is led by Jamie, our Social Media Manager. Learn how to make – and shake – your own!
- Mason Jar
- Distilled Water or Tap Water
- Clear Tape
- Super Glue or Hot Glue
- Seasonal items (Evergreen Stems, Small Toys, etc.)
- Begin by taking your photo and cutting around it to make sure it fits inside the jar.
- Then fold down the bottom edge of your photo so it can stand, which will be important for later.
Next apply clear tape onto your photo to prevent it from water damage or feel free to use a laminator if you have one on hand. Then cut the excess tape around your photo but leave a bit of tape on the border around your photo to give it a better waterproof seal.
- Then apply glue onto the folded bottom edge of your photo. Press it down onto the lid to secure it in place. Next take your seasonal items and glue them onto the lid. Make sure they are secured in place. Then wait for the glue to completely dry.
- Bring out your jar and begin to add a tablespoon of glycerin. The glycerin helps to suspend the glitter in the water. Then fill the rest with water. For best results, we recommend distilled water but tap water can work, too. Next layer in the glitter. Feel free to use any colors you want!
- Then screw your lid back onto the jar and give it a few shakes.
- There you have it, Enjoy!
Happy holidays, and happy crafting! Share what you made with us on social @primarydotcom with #yesprimary, and enjoy up to 50% off your purchase during the Holiday Sale!