Looking for easy holiday crafts your kids can make themselves? From gift ideas to DIY decor, follow our Holiday Art How-To series for weekly tutorials of easy art projects for kids, inspired by the prints of our holiday family PJs! For our final installment, Franny, our Senior Content Manager, is here to show you how to make your own wrapping paper, to add an extra personal touch to any holiday gift.
- Kraft paper (You can also upcycle a brown paper shopping bag!)
- A full roll of washi tape
- Paint brushes
- Measure a piece of kraft paper based on the size of the gift you're wrapping. Tape the paper down to a flat surface.
- Tape a piece of washi tape horizontally across the top of your paper. Repeat to make rows all the way down to the bottom.
Tape a strip of washi tape diagonally across your rows from top to bottom. Repeat the other way, to create an X in the middle of your paper. Continue to create X shapes until your entire sheet is covered in triangles.
- Next, fill in your triangles with paint. Feel free to get creative and use any combination of colors or materials, like crayons or markers. You can paint them in order, or randomly!
- Once your paint is dry, gently peel off all the washi tape to reveal your completed pattern.
- Wrap up your present to finish!
Happy holidays, and happy crafting! Share what you made with us on social @primarydotcom with #yesprimary, and shop our Winter Sale now!