With Halloween around the corner, we recently asked our followers on Facebook and Instagram to share their kids' most unusual costume requests. Lots of laughs, lots of head-scratching, but most of all, proof that kids will always have the most original ideas for Halloween that the big stores can never compete!
1. "My three-year-old daughter wanted to be the voice of Darth Vader. Not Vader but his voice. So James Earl Jones." — Mandy O.
Is James Earl Jones' regular voice different from his Darth Vader voice?
2. "My three-year-old daughter has requested to be a sidewalk for Halloween. Preferably a dirty one." — April
Is there such a thing as a clean sidewalk?
3. "She told me she wanted to be a box. No decorations, just a plain cardboard box." — Jess S.
Now THIS is thinking outside the box.
4. "My three-year-old wants to be an egg sandwich." — Tabitha S.
We're egg-cited for this one.
5. "My youngest niece wanted to be a refrigerator with magnets." — Kate
That costume is sub-zero levels of cool.
6. "Rainbow rhinoceros." — Bridget B.
Which basically makes it a unicorn, right?
7. "My niece told everyone she was going to be 'a Wind Turbine' one year." — Emily G.
We're blown away by the creativity!
8. "My three-year-old wants to be a palm tree." — Nicholle D.
The perfect ode to summer.
9. "A lamp." — Megan W.
Someone's got a bright idea!
10. "My niece wanted to be a ceiling fan." — Lacey B.
....if only we knew the inspiration behind this request.
11. "My daughter wanted to be poop... I tried so hard to get her to change her mind but she insisted that it was the ONLY costume for her and she wanted to make people laugh. Then people laughed so she cried and I ended up scrambling the day before trick or treat to get her something different." — Chelsea O.
A costume opportunity down the drain.
12. "A Band-Aid (I made him a band-aid). Best costume hands down!" — Heather J.
Practical and perfect for all the spooky boo-boos.
13. "My son wanted to be a vending machine. My husband made it happen. It was hard for my son to judge steps from the sidewalk to the grass to the porches because he couldn’t see under himself. He fell a few times. I hated to laugh but it looked a little silly watching a vending machine tip over. Lol." — Jana B.
Stock the machine with Halloween candy, and you're good to go.
14. "A house!!! Specifically with an attic." — Amanda G.
Sounds like someone's a homebody!
15. "My daughter wanted to be a fidget spinner, so we made her a giant one that strapped to her back that you could spin." — Stephanie J.
No fidgeting on Halloween night– just lots of spinning.
16. "My niece was a cheese stick one year and it was amazing." — Elizabeth L.
One of the best cheesy ideas we've ever heard.
17. "My son wanted to be a railroad crossing one year." — Megan D.
Safety first, everyone!
18. "A building. Poor thing couldn’t sit." — Heather O.
We love ourselves a junior architect.
19. “The pickle princess.” — Karen S.
Now try to say that 10 times fast.
20. "To be an eyebrow." — Lauren M.
Raising our eyebrows at this idea. In a good way.
The best part of these requests? They can all come to life with our FREE Costume Concierge service. Just contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-833-DIY-EASY for help! Any others you would add? Share with us on in the thread on Facebook and Instagram!