It's a jungle out there.
- One orange kids outfit
- One orange beanie or headband (if not using hoodie)
- Black felt (6 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Orange felt (2 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- White felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- 3 pipe cleaners
- Stuffing (polyfil, felt scraps, tissue, or newspaper)
- Safety pins
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Bring the jungle back to basics with our DIY Tiger costume! Your little one will feel primal and ready to prowl all dressed up in our soft Primary essentials. And the best part is, this tiger cub will be super comfortable head to tail!
For the stripes:
- Cut long thin strips of black felt and trim both edges to a point. Attach to the sides of the body with double sided fabric tape.
- Cut shorter strips of black felt and trim to points. Attach these to the sides of the legs and hoodie or top with fabric tape.
For the ears:
- Cut four rectangles from orange felt and round the corners. Cut two smaller pieces of white felt with rounded corners and glue each to an orange piece. Cut an even smaller piece of black felt and glue to the white felt.
- Hot glue the ear pieces together, leaving an opening for stuffing. Stuff with polyfil, or anything you have on hand - tissue, paper towels, or felt scraps. Glue the remaining opening closed and safety pin to the hood of the jacket or beanie.
For the tail:
- Cut a length of orange felt twice as wide as you'd like the tail to be. Fold in half and round the corners of one end.
- Twist three pipe cleaners together and place in the middle of the felt and hot glue it closed.
- Cut little black triangles and glue them to the tail for "stripes".
- Bend the tail into a curve and safety pin to the back edge of the jacket.
- For a DIY baby Tiger, use one orange baby outfit!
- Easily create a DIY Tigger (from Winnie the Pooh) from this costume by adding two semi-ovals of felt to the belly of the jacket with light yellow felt and fabric tape like on our DIY Monkey costume! While you're at it, check out our DIY Winnie the Pooh, DIY Piglet, and DIY Owl costumes!
- Have other little ones that want to be big cats too? Check out our DIY baby Lion, DIY kid Lion, and DIY baby Simba costumes!
- Want to make a whole DIY Circus squad? Check out our DIY kid Clown, DIY baby Strong Man, DIY baby Lion, DIY kid Lion, DIY Bear, DIY Monkey, DIY Elephant, DIY Peanut, and DIY Cotton Candy costumes!