Spider Gwen (Into the Spider Verse)
- One white kids top
- One black kids bottom
- White felt (½ yard)
- Hot pink felt (½ yard)
- Black felt (½ yard)
- White craft foam (1 sheet 9”x12”)
- Pink and black markers
- Elastic sewing band
- Silver fabric paint with a fine tip
- Safety pins
- Double sided fabric tape
Maybe your kiddo wasn't bitten by a radioactive spider, but your love-bug will be wrapped in a web of comfort in our Primary DIY Spider-Verse costume. This super-simple Halloween look would make Peter Parker proud!
For the hood:
- Trace an existing hood onto white felt and cut out 2 matching panels. If you don’t have a hood to trace, cut two rectangles of white felt that’s several inches taller and wider than the wearer’s head. Spider-Gwen’s hood is loose, so feel free to make it a larger hood.
- Cut the top right corner to be curved - this will be the back of the hood. Hot glue the panels together along the top, the curve, and right side back edge. Turn the hood inside out so that the seam is on the inside. Repeat these steps to make the pink inner lining of the hood and hot glue together.
- Use silver fabric paint to make the spiderweb lines onto the pink inner lining. Once dry, attach the base of the hood to the tee with safety pins or fabric tape.
For the mask:
- Cut out an oval from white craft foam that fits over the wearer’s face. Use black and pink markers to draw the eyes onto the mask.
- Mark and cut out eye openings. Hot glue an elastic band to the mask to wear around the head.
For the arms:
- Cut two long skinny diamonds from pink felt and make the spiderweb design onto it with silver paint.
- Attach to the inner arms of the top with fabric tape.
For the torso:
- Cut a panel of black felt with points like Spider-Gwen’s costume.
- Attach to the top with fabric tape.