- One green kids dress
- One white kids top
- One white kids bottom
- One green hat
- Medium brown felt (½ yard)
- Yellow felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- White craft foam (2 sheets 12x18 inches)
- Blue (2 sheets 12x18 inches)
- Yellow craft foam (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Red craft foam (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Cardboard (12x18 inches)
- Wooden dowel (¼ inch x 20 inches)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Safety pins
- Double sided fabric tape
Bring this brave hero to life with our Primary DIY Link (Legend of Zelda) costume. You won't need Princess Zelda's magical powers to create this costume – just follow our easy step-by-step instructions using our Primary essentials. This iconic costume is the missing Link to a happy Halloween!
For the shield:
- Cut the shield shape from cardboard.
- Cut and glue a sheet of blue craft foam on top of the cardboard cutout.
- Cut the edging trim from white craft foam and glue around the edges of the shield.
- Cut and glue the shield designs from red, yellow, and white craft foam to the front of the shield.
- Cut and glue a loop of cardboard or craft foam to the back of the shield for the arm to fit through.
For the sword:
- Cut two matching layers of the sword handle from blue craft foam, and cut two matching sword blades from white craft foam.
- Hot glue the layers together, leaving a pocket in the center to slide a wooden dowel into for support.
- Hot glue the end closed and glue a yellow diamond craft foam piece to the center of the handle on both sides.
For the belts:
- Cut two belts from brown felt and hot glue a yellow felt buckle in the center of each.
- Attach around the waist and across the chest with safety pins.
For the wrist and leg bands:
- Cut two rectangles that wraps around the wrists, and two larger rectangles that wraps around the calves.
- Secure around the wrists and legs with double sided fabric tape.