- One pink kids outfit
- White felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Black felt (2 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Light pink felt (½ yard and 4 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Dark pink felt (4 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Pink baseball cap
- Pink feather boa
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Double sided fabric tape
Flamingos get their pink color from their diet – so they probably just eat a TON of cotton candy and strawberry Starbursts, right? Sounds like we would all get along! They can also fly as fast as 35 mph– which is almost as quickly as you'll do this easy Halloween costume craft, the Primary DIY Flamingos costume. This iconic look features our vibrant and cozy Primary essentials. You'll be proud to have these festive flamingos on your front lawn!
For the head:
- Cut two large white felt circles for the eyes and two smaller black felt circles for the irises. Use fabric tape to attach them to a pink baseball cap.
- Cut a long black beak that hangs just a bit over the brim of the cap. Attach all pieces with fabric tape over the cap brim.
For the wings:
- Cut two long leaf shapes for wings from pink felt that are the length of the elbow to the tip of the fingers. Cut smaller leaf shapes from light and dark pink felt for the feathers.
- Hot glue the smaller feathers in rows of alternating light and dark pink onto the the larger wings.
- Cut two strips of pink felt for each wing for arm bands and hot glue one band closer to the elbow and one band closer to the wrist end.
For the final touches:
- Accessorize with bright pink feather boas, and one leg standing!
- Want to make a whole DIY Bird crew? Check out our DIY Bird, DIY Bluebird, DIY Chicken, DIY Phoenix, DIY Peregrine Falcon, DIY Hedwig the Snowy Owl, DIY baby Hei Hei, DIY kid Hei Hei, DIY Iago the Parrot, DIY Parrot, DIY Peacock, DIY Rubber Duckey, DIY baby Turkey, and DIY kid Turkey costumes!