- One purple baby top
- One white baby bottom
- Thick white cardstock or cardboard
- Colored or white feathers
- Stick-on rhinestones
- Hot glue or double sided fabric tape
- Headband (optional)
- Baby sunglasses (optional)
- Baby keyboard (optional)
Most astronauts are in their 20s, but you're never too young to be a Rocket Man. Be the Bernie Taupin to your super-Tiny Dancer and write the lyrics for a rocking Halloween with our Primary DIY Elton John costume for baby! Our Primary essentials will definitely be more comfy than Elton's original feathered look. You're welcome to go breakin' our hearts with this costume– seriously, it would be an honor.
For the wings:
- Draw outline for wings on thick cardstock or cardboard. Cut out wings with scissors.
- Cover wings with feathers using hot glue. Double sided fabric tape would also work.
For some extra flair:
- Add stick-on rhinestones to the babysuit. If using a headband, add rhinestones and/or feathers to that.
- Add sunglasses, accessories and a baby keyboard for your little crocodile to rock!
For the assembly:
- Attach wings to bodysuit using double sided fabric tape or safety pins.
- You can also seat baby in a high chair or bouncer and attach the wings to the back of the chair- helpful if your baby is mobile and wants to roll over!
- For a DIY kid Elton John, use our kids top in purple and our kids bottom in white, and add elastic straps to your DIY wings!
- Pair your little rocket man with our DIY Nasa Rocket Man for a punny Halloween pairing!
- Have other kids that want to be music legends? Check out our DIY Aretha Franklin, DIY Prince, DIY Beatles, DIY Janet Jackson, DIY Billy Ray Cyrus & Lil Nas X, DIY Snoop Dogg, DIY Hall & Oates, DIY Devo, DIY baby Elvis, and DIY kid Elvis costumes!