- One red kids top
- One orange kids bottom
- Orange felt (3 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Medium brown felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- White felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Pipe cleaners (6)
- Brown marker
- Safety pin
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
There are plenty of famous tiger characters in children's stories, from Hobbes to Tigger to Shere Khan – but Daniel Tiger is the only one with his very own Neighborhood! Daniel the Tiger's series was inspired by the classic beloved Mr. Rogers show, and we're inspired by this sweet tiger. Present your lovable little one to your Neighborhood this Halloween with our Primary DIY Daniel Tiger costume. This simple easy look is made with our Primary essentials – Happy Halloween, neighbor!
For the ears:
- Cut a long skinny strip of orange felt and hot glue to the headband.
- Cut two layers each of D shaped ears from orange felt, and two smaller brown felt inner ear pieces. Hot glue the ear pieces together.
- Cut and glue two brown felt stripes to each ear and hot glue the ears onto the headband.
For the tail:
- Cut two matching long skinny rectangles for the tail and round the bottom edges.
- Twist about 3 pipe cleaners together for strength, and hot glue it sandwiched between the two felt tail layers.
- Cut and glue brown felt stripes along the tail and safety pin to the back of the joggers and bend the tail to curl as you like.
For the stripes:
- Cut four brown felt stripes and attach two stripes to each pant leg with double sided fabric tape.
For the watch:
- Cut the watch strap from brown felt.
- Cut a circle from white felt for the watch face and use a brown marker to draw in the watch hands.
- Glue to the center of the felt strap and attach the watch around the wrist with fabric tape.