- One white kids outfit
- White beanie
- Polyester fiberfill (About 3-4 bags 20 ounces each)
- Pink or blue silk flower spray paint
- Tight fitted t-shirt
- Old pillow
- Light colored beanie
- Silk ribbon
- Thin cardstock
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Adhesive spray
Any kid will tell you that Halloween is about two things: candy and costumes. We all know what they're really here for, so why not skip the middle man? Plus, with our Primary essentials, your little one will feel like they actually are sitting in a soft fluffy cotton candy cloud (just make sure no little siblings accidentally take a bite)!
For the body:
- Spread Polyester Fiber-Fill on a protected surface (great project for inside the garage!) and spray with silk flower spray paint in pink or blue. Allow to dry completely.
- Stuff a tight-fitting t-shirt with an old pillow to give you a good, upright form to work with. (This t-shirt will go over the white top and bottom so that they are reusable!)
- Use an adhesive spray to attach the Fiber-Fill to the t-shirt. For best results, build up three layers of Fiber-Fill on top of the t-shirt, using adhesive spray in between each layer. Remember to reserve some extra Fiber-Fill for the hat.
- Once you have the desired amount of puff, use the spray paint again to give a final boost of color.
For the hat:
- Use a kids beanie as the base. Drape a long piece of silk ribbon over the beanie (with ends long enough to tie into a bow under the chin) and attach with adhesive spray.
- Roll thin cardstock into a tall cone and glue the end. Use hot glue, adhesive spray or double-sided fabric tape to attach the cone to the beanie at an angle.
- Use adhesive spray to add puffs of the reserved painted Fiber-Fill around the base of the cone onto the beanie until you have a full, fluffy puff. Follow up with an extra spray of paint for any needed color boost.
- For a DIY baby Cotton Candy, use a white baby outfit!
- Have other little ones that want to be sweet treats while they eat sweet treats this Halloween? Check out our DIY Candy Dots, DIY Baby Ruth, DIY Good and Plenty, DIY S'mores, and DIY baby Haribo Gummy Bear costumes!
- Want to make a whole circus squad? Check out our DIY kid Clown, DIY baby Strong Man, DIY baby Lion, DIY kid Lion, DIY Bears, DIY Tiger, DIY Monkey, DIY Elephant, and DIY Peanut costumes!