Corn– such a multi-functional ingredient. It makes yummy bread, delicious cereal, HILARIOUS jokes, and awesome costumes! Bring some starchy goodness to the Halloween party with our Primary DIY Corn costume, using our Primary essentials. Who needs candy corn when you've got kiddo corn? (Okay, we still do, but you get the point!)
For the hat:
- Cut roughly 50 strands of yellow and 50 strands of white yarn to 4 inches in length. Tie them together with a piece of yarn. Use more yarn for a fuller look!
- Take out stitching on inside of knit hat where pulled together at top of hat. Put tied end of yarn into the hat and stitch in on the inside of the hat. Or, use hot glue or safety pins to secure the yarn ball to the top of your hat.
For the kernels:
- Cut out a sheet of yellow felt that will fit over the front of the babysuit. Hot glue pom poms on the felt in rows to create corn kernel look. Attach the felt to the babysuit with fabric tape or safety pins.
For the husk:
- Cut each sheet of green felt into a square. Pinch felt at bottom corner and fold over itself to bring to a point, and hot glue the felt onto itself to get a rumpled look.
- Sew, hot glue, or safety pin the bottom point of felt to the bottom of the baby hoodie or top, about an inch from the zipper on either side. Stitch, hot glue, or safety pin the felt to the rest of the baby hoodie or top to create the husk look.