- One red kids top
- One red kids bottom
- Yellow paper party hat
- 1 small blue pom pom
- 2-3 large blue pom poms
- Yellow cardstock ( 6 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Sturdy tape or paper clip
- Double sided fabric tape
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Whether you're driving a crowded clown car or your kiddo has a solo circus show, it's easy to be the ringleader this Halloween. You'll have the classiest class clown on your hands with our Primary DIY Clown costume. Some people are scared of clowns, but there's nothing scary about our easy step-by-steps instructions for this no-sew look using our Primary essentials.
For the hat:
- Glue a pom-pom on top of a simple paper party hat.
For the collar:
- Use sturdy card stock to fold into a fan and attach it to a paper collar, measured for the child’s neck. Secure the collar with sturdy tape or a paper clip.
For the clown suit:
- Use double-sided fabric tape or safety pins to attach two or three big pom-poms down the torso.
- For a DIY Pennywise, use our kids top and kids bottom in white, use red pom-pom's, and white cardstock!
- Have a baby that wants to clown around too? Check out our DIY baby Clown costume!
- Want to make a whole circus squad? Check out our DIY Circus Group, DIY baby Strong Man, DIY baby Lion, DIY kid Lion, DIY kid Lion (balloon), DIY Lion Tamer, DIY Bear, DIY Tiger, DIY Monkey, DIY Elephant, DIY Peanut, and DIY Cotton Candy costumes!