- One blue kids top
- One blue kids bottom
- Royal blue tulle
- Elastic band
- Medium blue felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches)
- Lime green felt (⅔ yard)
- Dark green felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Double sided fabric tape
Sometimes all your little one wants to do is sing, dance, and hug, but tonight let them shine with their true colors in our Primary DIY Branch costume from Trolls! They'll be cozy and ready for the trick-or-treating adventure of a lifetime in our Primary essentials. You can reuse these Primary basics year-round. This Halloween, blue hair is in!
For the hair:
- Cut an elastic band that’s about 1-2 inches less than the child’s head circumference. Hot glue the ends together to make a headband.
- Cut about 36 inch lengths of blue tulle. Hold 2 strips together, fold in half, and loop it around the elastic headband. Repeat until the headband is nice and full. Use a small piece of blue tulle to tie the tulle hair together near the top.
- Cut and glue 2 layers of blue felt together for each ear. Pinch and glue the bottom edges together to give it more shape, then hot glue the ears to the sides of the hair piece.
For the vest:
- Use an existing vest, tank top, or t-shirt to trace a vest shape onto lime green felt. If using a t-shirt, omit the sleeves when tracing.
- Hot glue the side and shoulder seams together, and leave an opening in the front.
- Cut long strips of lime green felt and cut the bottom edge into scalloped leaf shapes. Hot glue these strips onto the vest, starting at the bottom edge until you’ve covered both front and back sides.
For the patches:
- Cut square from dark and lime green felt and attach to the boardwalk shorts with double sided fabric tape.