For the non-spooky version:
For the spooky version:
- Black felt (2 sheets 9x12 inches each)
- Yellow felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- White felt (1 sheet 9x12 inches)
- Pipe cleaners (2-3)
- Styrofoam ball (2-3 inches diameter depending on your preference)
- Safety pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Double sided fabric tape
- Kitchen knife for cutting the styrofoam ball
With this simple and classic Primary DIY Black Cat costume, there's no reason to be a scaredy-cat this Halloween! With a dash of DIY magic, you'll be feeling like the cat's pajamas once your little one is all dressed up in our soft Primary essentials. It's always a treat when this black cat crosses your path!
For the ears:
- Cut two triangles from black felt for the ears.
- Attach to the hood of the hoodie with safety pins.
For the tail:
- Cut a long skinny rectangle for the tail.
- Twist 2-3 pipe cleaners together and fold and glue the felt tail over the pipe cleaners to make a bendable tail. Attach to the back of the hoodie with a safety pin.
For a spooky twist:
- Create two eyes by cutting a styrofoam ball in half. With hot glue cover them with yellow felt and create scary cat eye pupils from black felt and glue on top. Glue these to a rectangle piece of black felt and glue a small triangle for a in between the eyes for a nose. Use double sided fabric tape to secure the rectangle with the eyes and nose to the hood.
- Create pointy teeth from white felt and fabric tape all around the opening of the hood of the hoodie.