Easy DIY because Halloween doesn't have to be so grizzly.
- One brown kids outfit
- Black headband
- Dark brown felt (1 sheet 9 x 12 inches)
- Tan felt (2 sheets 9 x 12 inches each)
- Stuffing (polyfill, felt scraps, tissue, or newspaper)
- Elastic bands
- Hot glue gun and sticks
Don't let your little one grin and bear a scratchy store-bought costume this Halloween. It's not a trap when we say that this DIY Bear is the farthest thing from grizzly. With our soft Primary essentials and some easy crafting, your little bear cub will be comfy enough for hibernation after a long night of trick-or-treating.
For the ears:
- Cut four matching ears from chocolate brown felt.
- Hot glue two ear pieces together along the curved edge and stuff with any stuffing. Seal closed with hot glue.
- Cut two smaller inner ear pieces from tan felt and glue one each to the darker brown ears.
- Hot glue ears to a headband.
For the paws:
- Cut two hand sized pieces of felt for the paws from brown felt.
- Cut three small circles and one larger circle from tan felt and hot glue pieces on the brown felt to make the paws.
- Hot glue elastic bands on the opposite side of the paw so the paws can slip over hands.
For the belly:
- Cut a large oval for the belly from tan felt.
- Attach the oval to the belly with fabric tape.
- For a DIY baby Bear, use our baby top and baby bottom in brown!
- For a warmer look, add our kids hoodie in brown!
- Want to make a whole circus squad? Check out our DIY kid Clown, DIY baby Strong Man, DIY baby Lion, DIY kid Lion, DIY Tiger, DIY Monkey, DIY Elephant, DIY Peanut, and DIY Cotton Candy costumes!