- One red baby top
- One blue baby bottom
- Red felt (1/3 yard)
- White felt (2inches x 2 inches)
- Blue cotton apparel fabric
- 2 Medium sized yellow buttons
- Adhesive mustache or eyeliner pencil
- Fabric glue
- Fabric velcro
- Hot glue gun
Forget about jumping on the bandwagon with store-bought costumes– your kiddo can jump on the MarioKart this Halloween season, with our Primary DIY Baby Mario costume! Be the Luigi sidekick to your mini Mario using our Primary essentials. Following our simple instructions is even easier than rescuing Princess Peach. Trick or treat, it's a-me!
For the overalls/straps:
- Cut 1 inch straps of blue cotton apparel fabric the length that fits around the shoulders.
- Attach the yellow buttons to the bottom of the straps that will go in front with a hot glue gun.
- Use fabric velcro to attach the straps to the front of the waist and to the back of the waist on each side of the baby bottoms.
For the hat:
- Cut 2 circles with the red felt material (about 7-8 inches in diameter). You can use a small plate to trace.
- In one of the circles cut another circle in the center (about 5 inches in diameter) so that there is a hole in the middle. The hole will be for your head! Again you can use a smaller plate to trace.
- Place fabric glue around the edge of one the large circles (7-8 diameter piece). Then place the large circle with a hole in it on top of this. Allow to dry. Turn it inside out.
- With the red felt material cut a smaller circle (about 5 inches in diameter). Fold the material in half to create a half circle. This will be the brim of your hat. Place fabric glue on the straight part of the brim and allow to dry. Attach the brim to the inside of the base of the hat.
For the logo:
- Cut out a M from the red felt material. Cut out a circle from the white felt material. Glue the M onto the white circle and then glue the piece onto the hat.
For the final touches:
- Add an adhesive mustache (or draw on with an eyeliner pencil) for the final look!
- For a DIY kid Mario, use our kids top in red and our kids bottom in blue!
- Have another little one that wants in on the fun? Check out our DIY Baby Luigi by following these same DIY Baby Mario instructions but using our babysuit in green and our baby bottom in blue!