This costume is anything but prickly.
- One green baby hoodie or top
- One green baby bottom
- White pipe cleaners (About 5)
- White thread and sewing needle
- No sew option: white felt (2 sheets 9 x 12 inches each) and fabric tape
This Halloween, ditch the poky and scratchy premade costume with our easy Primary DIY Cactus costume. You and your little one will love this costume so much, no one will be in a prickly mood. They'll love wearing our soft Primary essentials – and you'll love how our simple instructions make this DIY easier than picking out your next succulent! Hands down, Halloween candy is the best dessert in the desert.
For the spines:
- Cut white pipe cleaners into short pieces and fold in half into a V shape.
- Use white thread to stitch the center of each pipe cleaner to the baby top or hoodie and baby bottom. If you would rather not sew, you can cut white V shapes from felt and attach to the clothing with fabric tape!
- For a DIY kid Cactus, use our kids hoodie or top, Long Sleeve PJ Top, and kids bottom in grass green!
- If you're feeling crafty, add some DIY felt flowers to your little cactus by following the tutorial located on our DIY Bunny Ears costume page!
- Have other kids that want in on the Halloween garden party fun? Check out our DIY baby Flower, DIY kid Flower, DIY Sunflower, DIY baby Venus Flytrap, DIY kid Venus Flytrap, DIY Fern, DIY Dandelion Wish, DIY Mandrake, and DIY Violet costumes!